Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What I've Been Watching

Year One Poster       
 See full size imageI enjoyed this movie. I laughed out loud, which warrants a thumbs up in my book! Year One was definitely an interesting take on Biblical stories. You know what I actually got up from the movie thinking? I wonder how the people of that era actually did speak. Obviously, this movie was historically inaccurate when it comes to this small issue. But I guess historical accuracy isn't exactly what it was all about. 
I RECOMMEND THIS ONE!


See full size imageThere is something about the Transformers movies that I just love. Talk about taking you out of reality for a couple of hours. Big comfy chair + HD TV + Blu-ray + Surround Sound = Amazing Movie Experience! The only negative I can say about this one is that the sequence when Sam is trying to get to Optimus Prime could have been a good 30 minutes shorter. Girls, give this one a chance even if you aren't into the "action movie thing." If nothing else, you have got to appreciate the special effects.
I RECOMMEND THIS ONE!


Shutter Island
See full size imageI went into this movie thinking that it would definitely be slightly disturbing and scary. I thought more emphasis on scary rather than disturbing. Oh no, it is quite the other way around. Let me just say this. As a mother, I would never, never, never recommend another mother watch this movie. Now, I do appreciate the fact that this movie did it's job (as Kenny keeps reminding me - he loved it)...it bothered me! Leonardo DiCaprio was amazing as usual. I just don't recommend watching it because I left the theater with a knot in my stomach, quite disgusted. All I could think of doing was going to pick up my baby and snuggling. When (if) you watch it, you'll know what I mean.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS ONE!


NEXT UP ON NETFLIX: Body of Lies and Funny People 

No comments:

Post a Comment