Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm back!!

 Hello Blog World! I'm back! The Yarbrough family has been busy since well, let's see...the last time I blogged was Cooper's second birthday. So, we've been busy since then. I am so terribly sorry that I have not been keeping you up to date on the happenings of our little family! Well, you are in luck. Sit back, relax, and allow me this opportunity to catch you up. With the weather getting cooler, I hope that I will devote the much needed time to my blog once again.

Since we've last "spoken", Uncle Jason and Aunt Leslie got married. Woo hoo!! We had a fabulous time at their beautiful wedding. 
 Cooper danced the night away, and he stole the show of course. 
 He was just too pooped to party by the end. Don't you think for a second this mama didn't change him into his PJ's in the middle of that party! 
As you can tell, he thoroughly enjoyed the cupcakes! This might explain the crash above!

We've spent countless hours playing with all of the outdoor toys before the weather gets yucky. Cooper loves his playset and has become quite brave while climbing and sliding. 
Of course, he still needs help swinging, but he's already started instructing me to go "higher mama, higher."  
Although we have been outside a ton, the little guy always has time for his choo choos. He absolutely loves to play dress-up in a very "boy way" of course. Now, have you ever seen an engineer as cute as this one??  
Watching him pretend to be an engineer is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. He pulls his pocket watch out, and tells me it is 4 o'clock no matter what time it is. Then, he calls, "All aboard!" He blows his train whistle, and off the train (generally Thomas or one of his friends) goes. Priceless!!

Of course, Cooper has become quite a fan of football. Like father, like son. Kenny got a football game for the XBox, and Cooper absolutely loves it! He runs up and down the living room mimicking every movement he sees on the TV.

Then, every now and then, you will hear him repeat, "Fumble!" or "Touchdown!" Now that we are a ways into football season, he has carried this over into watching actual football games. He will repeat generally every word that is called out at the TV! He especially enjoys repeating his Aunt Sheryle we've noticed. We even had one instance when he started crying because there was no football on TV. Since then, we've recorded an OU game to have on stand-by. Have you ever heard of such a thing from a 2 year old?? 

Wow! I haven't even made a dent in catching you up. Well, I will cut this blog short here. There's much more to come, so please stay tuned. We still have potty training woes, family vacation, and Halloween. I've also started a new hobby. I mean, why not add one more thing to this multi-tasking mommy's list, right??

1 comment:

  1. YAY Aimee you're back!!! Woohoo! Loved catching up on everything we don't get time to talk about in the 3 minutes I see you every day. :) I'm excited that you'll be posting recipes soon and I'm getting on a coupon kick so if you want to have a guest speaker/typer on your blog I'd see if I could come up with something worthy to accompany a certain recipe perhaps. :)

    ReplyDelete